As we recover from the Covid-19 lockdown, would you like to make improvements to your street that will benefit the whole community? And do you want to help create a fairer, healthier and greener borough and not just return to business as usual?
Working with a wide range of community organisations we have developed a plan to support these aspirations. Check it out here: https://www.jamieaudsley.org/green-recovery/
We are keen to quickly create a number of demonstration streets and pocket parks to show what can be done with limited resources but with great collaboration between community, council and your elected councillors.
We’re inviting residents and community members in the Thornton Heath and Broad Green area to apply to, ‘Transform your street’. To do this we’re allocating £15K from our councillor ward budgets and are partnering with Thornton Heath Community Action Team, Croydon Living Streets and Croydon Cyclists. We’re looking for your ideas and solutions to green your street, calm traffic and improve walking and cycling – anything that will create a healthier and better place to live.
You will be supported by Croydon Council’s Transport and Planning teams to support effective and safe implementation. In the first instance we will support one street financially and will work to include other proposals into future council low traffic developments.
In your application we want to see proposals that will:
- Reduce through traffic and its speed in residential roads to help create lower traffic neighbourhoods
- Reduce exposure to air pollution, particularly for children and older persons
- Reduce the dominance of parked cars in a street
- Create more space for pedestrians and cyclists
- Support the delivery of the Croydon Cycle Network
- An increase in effective community collaboration
- Encourage residents to spend more time in their street and be more active
- Increase the amount of greenery and biodiversity in the street
- Explain how any changes to the street will be sustained and looked after
To achieve some of the above your application might include:
- On street cycle parking hangars
- Cycle parking ports
- Planters and pop up parklets
- Community e-cargo bike trial
How to apply?
- Read the supporting information pack
- Give us a call if there is anything you’d like to discuss – 07950 658 855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the short application form below
So why not transform your street and help kick-start Croydon’s recovery!
We look forward to hearing from you by September 30th and will support the successful application be implemented in spring 2021.
Cllr Jamie Audsley – Bensham Manor Ward, Cllr Muhammad Ali – Broad Green Ward, Thornton Heath Community Action Team, Croydon Living Streets, Croydon Cyclists
Transform you Street Application form
Please fill in the form above or send your application to email@example.com by September 30th. Applications will be reviewed by Cllr Jamie Audsley, Cllr Muhammad Ali and committee members of Thornton Heath Community Action Team, Croydon Living Streets and Croydon Cyclists.